An organization is only as strong as its members. That’s why we encourage member participation at all levels of the Allegany Arts Council. What follows is a list of just a few of the activities for which we are always looking for volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the following form.
Description of common volunteering roles
• Front desk work: Answering phones, greeting visitors etc.
• Preparing mailings: Stuffing and labeling envelopes or cards etc.
• Distributing literature: Putting up posters, distributing flyers, brochures,and rack cards etc.
• Writing, editing: Brochures, press releases, grant proposals, Arts Flash etc.
• Graphic design: Brochures, posters, rack cards, postcards etc.
• Working with children: On Arts Bus, Arts Saturdays, Symphony Saturdays, etc.
• Assisting in the galleries: Hanging or taking down exhibitions, labeling etc.
• Assisting with events: Receptions, gallery talks, bar tending, set-up, clean up etc.
• Assisting with Mountain Maryland Plein Air events
• Assisting with Annual Members Meeting
• Assisting with Annual Members’ Show